Dryer vent cleaning is an important maintenance task that homeowners and renters should regularly perform to ensure their dryer operates safely and efficiently.
We are always here to promptly attend to your service needs. Please do not hesitate to call.
The main reason why a dryer vent cleaning is important is safety. Dryer vents can accumulate lint, dust, and other debris over time, which can increase the risk of a dryer fire. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, there are approximately 2,900 dryer fires reported every year, resulting in an estimated five deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property damage.
In addition to safety concerns, a clogged dryer vent can also affect the efficiency of your dryer. When the vent is blocked, it can take longer for clothes to dry, which it will be a waste of energy and increase your utility bills.
When should you seek a professional cleaning? Whenever any of the following signs present themselves, it can indicate a more serious issue with your dryer or vent that requires professional attention:
• Clothes take longer than usual to dry.
• The dryer is hotter than usual to the touch.
• There is a burning smell coming from the dryer.
• The vent hood flap outside your home does not open properly.
In addition to cleaning your dryer vent, there are a few other things you can do to ensure your dryer operates safely and efficiently:
• Clean the lint trap after every load of laundry. This will help prevent lint buildup in the vent.
• Do not overload your dryer. Overloading your dryer can cause clothes to take longer to dry and can increase the risk of a fire.
• Use the appropriate vent hose. The vent hose should be made of metal and should be as short as possible. Do not use a plastic vent hose, as it can easily catch fire.
Call Service America Air and Heat, and book an appointment to have your dryer vent cleaned!
To schedule your next A/C service with us!